Discover a city of rich culture and history. The symbol of the city is Smederevo fortress, the largest medieval fortress in Europe. The city is steeped in history and Smederevo historical and heritage sites, like the Church of St. George and The mediaeval church of the Assumption of the Holy Mother of God, are not to be missed.
If you're looking for things to do with the family then we guarantee that Smederevo will wear the children out with so many fun things on offer.
The fortress of Smederevo was political as well as cultural centre and one of the last military strongholds of the medieval Serbian Despotate.
The Golden Hill villa in Smederevo, better known as "The Royal Vineyards", a one-time summer residence of the Obrenovic royal dynasty.
Museum in Smederevo was created thanks to the enthusiasts of cultural life and contains historical, ethnological, artistic and numismatic collection.
Republic Square represents the central part of the contemporary town fabric of Smederevo. With its triangular urban form shows the identity of the town itself.
The church of Saint George is one of the largest churches of the 19th century in Serbia. The church represents the pinnacle of early Romantic Historicism.
The former Regional Prefecture, today the Regional Court, is one of the greatest accomplishments of the renowned Serbian architect Aleksandar Bugarski.
The building of the former city hall was raised between 1926 and 1928, as a project of the Russian architect Nikolaj Krasnov in the spirit of eclecticism.
The former hotel "Ninic" was built in 1928/29 and represents a fine example of urban architecture in the historistic spirit of the twenties of the 20th century.
The building of the First Credit Bank is representative, massive, created in the style of eclecticism from the beginning of the 20th century.
This ethno-place, called Wine city, with its barrels shaped like houses, even has streets bearing names of the wines for which this region was famous.
The building of the Grammar-School is situated in the town centre, and represents one of the most beautiful buildings raised at the beginning of the 20th century.
The mulberry tree is over 300 years old and is under state protection. It is in the category of botanical monuments of nature and located in the city center.
This is a memorial complex, whose heart is made up of the church from the 15th century, the chapel of Dina Mancic and a memorial charnel-house with a belfry.
The monument to soldiers who fought in WWI is located on the main city square, very close to the Church of St. George. In World War I, Smederevo was the site of one of the greatest battles.
The monument dedicated to the victims of the June 5th 1941 explosion is placed near the train station and the Smederevo Fortress, as a reminder of all those who were killed.